More For Them is a literal translation of the blog Más Por Ellos; a non-lucrative association created by a group of young Spaniards with the aim of promoting social enterprises and a sustainable development in Kibera (Kenya). The goal is to cover the basic necessities through an interconnecting platform between sponsors and those who are sponsored and to promote development as a result of the creation of social enterprises. A social enterprise is defined by having a high social impact.

jueves, 5 de diciembre de 2013

BACK IN KENYA

Who would have thought so? Three years later, I’m back in Kenya with the idea of making my dream come true. I’m flying over the Rift Valley, it’s 05.10am, 04.10am in Spain. I’m happy, excited, nervous! Everything is turning out perfectly, and even though I know hard times are ahead of me, for now it’s time to enjoy and learn from this great moment.

Undertaking something like this has been one of the best decisions of my life. I feel that all I’ve learnt, waited, achieved and everything I am, now becomes useful. Useful to create opportunities for others.

We often hear the typical saying ‘’life is short’’. However, I would say that life is short if you waste time. If you are busy doing something that you feel is yours, something in which you truly believe in, something in which you’ve dreamed of for so long, each day is a new opportunity to be better than yesterday, to improve with respect to yesterday, and to achieve things that will give you much more, as it was you who marked your goals and it was you who put your life to reach them.

This is why I’ve come to Kenya, to fulfill a dream. We are going to buy land, and we will come back at the end of summer with a part of the job done. We will investigate construction and maintenance costs and record it all up to the last penny.

The adventure begins!

Alvaro


‘’If you want to succeed, don’t stay still. Start going up, step by step, until you reach the sky.’’ Anonymous

No hay comentarios :